BLOG POST: REVERSE ENGINEERED OBJECT: HD Renders and Exploded View]

 Final post!

This project involved learning a great deal more about Rhino3d in an extended project. The assignment was to find a reasonably complex object, and then learn how to use and use digital calipers to  measure and accurately reproduce every angle, facet, corner, edge, thickness, and diameter of that object in Rhino3d.

I decided to measure and render a full 3d reproduction of an Arduino UNO, with case.

I think I must have put at least 30 hours or more into this.

And now for the renders!

First view is just a simple overhead view, looking down at the Arduino UNO.

Followed by a normal isometric view. 

A more fun closeup of the power and USB input side of it.

A fancy lighting view with at least a half a dozen different lights!

A super closeup of some of the components and chips.

And finally, an exploded view of all the components laid out.

Again, seriously, at least 30 hours put into this, measuring all sorts of really tiny components and angles, but I really do think I captured this as well as I had time for. Of course with a project like this it's always possible to keep finding new ways to add more detail, improve resolution, really make as true to life as possible - but with 30+ hours into this already, I'm very proud of what I've accomplished, and I'm ready to call this finished.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surface Design Study: Research Design